This course is appropriate for practitioners and managers working with adults and/or children affected by forced marriage and Honour Based Violence, including in social work, education, health, criminal justice, children’s centres, and voluntary sector organisations. The cost is: £75 (voluntary sector); £85 (statutory sector); £120 (private sector).
Forced Marriage Awareness & Good Practice – Monday 24 September 2018
• Exploring the concept of Honour & understanding Honour-Based Violence
• What are the motivations of honour-based abuse and forced marriage?
• Survivors Story & Case study analysis
• Understanding the barriers and consequences to fleeing Forced Marriage
• Identifying risk indicators
• Understanding the role of the Forced Marriage Unit and Forced Marriage Legislation to support professional working with and individuals affected by forced marriage and honour based violence and abuse.
• Risk awareness exercise and analysis
• Safety planning exercise and analysis
• Understanding best practice when working with individuals affected by forced marriage.
Book Your Course
£75 voluntary sector
£85 – statutory sector
£120 – private sector
The form will be sent to the address below, you will receive a reply shortly.
Questions & Support Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note cancellation of your place on this course must be received at least 24 hours in advance in order to refund payment.
PO Box 826
Registered charity number: 1005884